Cision Jobs Board (Journalism and PR Roles) Privacy Notice
This privacy notice is for Cision Jobs, a jobs board for customers to recruit Journalists and PR professionals.
It is not candidates looking to work for Cision.
This privacy notice explains how we (Cision Jobs) collect, use, share and transfer your personal data on Cision Jobs website (“Jobs website”).
Personal data is any information about you by which you are identified or could be identified. This can include information such as:
- your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile number;
- information about your device (such as the IP address, which is a numerical code to identify your device that can provide information about the country, region or city where you are based); and
- information relating to your personal circumstances and how you use the Jobs website.
Who we are and how to contact us:
The data controller for the Jobs website is Cision Group Limited, 5 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HU. This means that we are responsible for deciding how and why we hold and use your personal data.
If you want to contact us, you can find our contact details at the bottom of this web page.
Collecting and using your personal data
We collect personal data when you sign up for our services and when you browse the Jobs website. Your personal data is used to provide the Cision Jobs services, and to analyse how visitors use the Jobs website.
When you register for a Cision Jobs account we collect your:
- the country you live in;
- your email address;
- your IP address;
- details of how you interact with the Jobs website
If you have not registered for a Cision Jobs account, you can still use some basic functions such as:
- sending CVs to recruiters;
- adding your CV to the searchable CV database (“CV database”); and
- signing up for jobs by email (“Job alerts”).
If you have registered for a Cision Jobs account, there are more services available, including:
- an individual account to send job applications directly to recruiters;
- the option to receive marketing communications about offers and services from Cision Jobs.
When you register for a Cision Jobs account we give you a unique ID number to recognise you when you are signed in to our services. This will recognise you if you sign in using the same account on a new device.
Additional information we collect
- your IP address - a numerical code to identify your device and which can provide information about the country, region or city where you are based;
- your browsing history of the content you have visited on the Jobs website, including information on how you were referred to the Jobs website via another website; and
- details of your devices, for example, the unique device ID and browsers used to access our content.
Updating your personal data and your profile page
When you register with Cision Jobs, you have access to a profile page where you can change and update your personal data. You can also manage your settings to control who can see your profile and CV if you have one associated with your account.
How we collect personal data
We collect personal data when you:
- register as a user (name, email address and password);
- create a profile (country of residence, job sector and salary information) and upload documents (for example, your CV or cover letter);
- store a copy of your CV and any other information you provide when you send it to a recruiter directly through our website or if you add your CV to the searchable CV database; and
- contact us us via email, social media, the Jobs app or similar technologies.
Why we use your personal data
We use the personal data collected through the Jobs website for a number of purposes, including the following:
- To provide the services you sign up for, for example, setting up your Job Alerts, Cision Jobs profile and related internal administrative purposes (such as those we need for our accounting and records) and to make you aware of any changes to our services.
- To provide your job application to the company that advertised the position or the recruitment company.
- So that you can add your CV to the searchable CV database.
- When you have created an account with the Cision Jobs website and submitted your CV details, we store your details on the main CV database. Depending on your settings, you can give recruiters access to them.
- Sending you marketing communications when we have your permission, or when permitted by law.
- To improve our marketing, we use a similar technology to cookies to confirm whether you have opened a marketing email or clicked on a link in the email.
- Personalising our services for you (for example, so you can sign in), remembering your settings, displaying personalised ads, recognising you when you sign in on different devices and tailoring your recommended jobs or similar jobs shown to you based on what you view on the Jobs website.
- For statistical purposes, such as analysing the performance of the Jobs website and to understand how visitors use them.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Legal grounds for using your personal data
We will only use your personal data where we have a legal ground to do so. We determine the legal grounds based on the purposes for which we have collected and use your personal data. In every case, the legal ground will be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent that your CV can be viewed by recruiters when you have added it to your database. You can withdraw your consent at any time in your Jobs account, by choosing “Who can view your profile” in the section “edit your profile”.
- Our legitimate interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand how our services are used, promote our services and operate the Jobs website and app efficiently for the provision of our services. For example, we will rely on our legitimate interest when we carry out marketing analysis to understand our customers to determine what marketing communications may be relevant to them. It is also in our legitimate interest to analyse what content has been viewed on the Jobs website so that we can understand how they are used.
- Performance of a contract with you (or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you: For example, where you have signed up for a Cision Jobs account, we will need to collect your account details and profile information.
- Compliance with law: In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to use or keep your personal data.
Security of your personal data
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational controls to protect your personal data against unauthorised processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction. You are responsible for choosing a secure password when we ask you to set up a password to access parts of the Jobs website. You should keep this password confidential and you should choose a password that you do not use on any other site. You should not share your password with anyone else, including anyone who works for us. Unfortunately, sending information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data once with us, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data sent to our site while still in transit and so you provide it at your own risk.
Never disclose any private information in response to a job advertisement or include on your CV any of the following: National Insurance number, driving licence number, passport number, bank/credit card details and date of birth. If you are ever asked to do this by a recruiter please contact us. For more information about secure job searching click here.
Who we share your personal data with
One-off job applications
When you apply for jobs on the Jobs website and upload your CV, a copy is stored on the CV database. This database can only be searched by recruiters if you allow this in your settings. To control whether recruiters (or what particular recruiters) can see your CV on the database, you need to create a Jobs website profile and click on the settings that apply.
If you choose to share your CV or personal details with recruiters, we ask them not to hold your CV for longer than is necessary and not to use your CV for purposes other than recruitment.
When you submit a one-off application through the Jobs website, we share it directly with the company who advertised the position. We will keep a copy of your CV for six months. However, sometimes you can also submit your CV directly to the company. In this case we do not receive a copy of your CV. When applying without a Jobs website profile, you have the option to store a copy of your CV on the main CV database. Recruiters can search the main CV database depending on your settings as explained above.
We do not share your personal data with other people or companies that are not directly linked to us except under the following circumstances:
- We use other service providers who provide services on our behalf such as managing the platform.
- We may reveal your personal data to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other organisation if we believe we need to do so to keep to a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of anyone else.
Any other organisations that access your personal data in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure they protect your personal data and keep to all data privacy laws that apply. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards.
We will not share your personal data with anyone else for their own marketing purposes unless we have your permission to do this.
Some of our webpages use plug-ins from other organisations (such as the “Facebook Recommend” function, retweet function or share on LinkedIn function). These other organisations may use personal data about your visit to our site. If you browse the Jobs website, information they collect may be connected to your account on their site. For more information on how these organisations use personal data, please read their privacy policies.
Keeping your personal data
We keep your personal data for only as long as we need it. How long we need your personal data depends on what we are using it for. For example, if you have applied for a particular job using the Cision Jobs website and submitted your CV, we keep your CV on our database for six months. For some jobs advertised on Cision Jobs, you will be redirected directly to the recruiter or employer and we will not receive your CV or application. We are not responsible for how recruiters or employers who have received your CV store your details or CV.
We will delete your Cision Jobs profile and any remaining CV after 12 months of inactivity or make it anonymous by removing all your details that identify you. If we asked for your permission to process your personal data and we have no other lawful grounds to continue with that processing, and you withdraw your permission, we will delete your personal data. However, when you unsubscribe from marketing communications, we will keep your email address to ensure that we will not send you any marketing in future.
You can delete your Cision Jobs account by using the “Delete” button at the bottom of your account page when you have signed in to the Jobs website.
How we may contact you
When you have a Jobs website profile and/or added your CV to our searchable database you can choose to receive Job alert emails that are tailored to your job preferences, for example, sector and location. If you no longer want to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom of each email.
If you have opted in for cisionjobs.co.uk marketing emails you can unsubscribe from these emails within your account details page.
Responding to your queries or complaints
If you have raised a query or a complaint with our support teams, we may contact you about this to answer your query or to resolve your complaint.
Your rights with regard to the personal data that we hold about you
You can contact us with regard to the following rights in relation to your person data:
- If you would like to have a copy of the personal data we hold on you or if you think that we hold incorrect personal data about you, please write to the Data Protection Officer at Cision Group Limited, 5 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HU, or email email@example.com We will deal with requests for copies of your personal data or for correction of your personal data within one month. If your request is complicated or if you have made a large number of requests, it may take us longer. We will let you know if we need longer than one month to respond. You will not have to pay a fee to obtain a copy of your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
- Where you have provided us with consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw this at any time.
- Where applicable, you may also have a right to receive a machine-readable copy of your personal data.
- You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data or restrict how it is used. There may be exceptions to the right to erasure for specific legal reasons which, if applicable, we will set out for you in response to your request. Where applicable, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data for certain purposes, including marketing purposes.
If you want to make any of these requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity.